Monday, September 10, 2007

Extra, extra!

Fall is apparently the time when my tiny background extra bit roles come home to roost. Right now I can be seen in a Stanley Steemer [sic] commercial. It's the "charades" one, where we partygoers are trying to guess the word from the clues given by the husband of the house. He points to the carpet and we all yell, "Filthy! Digusting! Gross!" All to his wife's chagrin. So I'm on the couch and you can see the right side of my head.

Then this weekend I Want Someone to Eat Cheese With, the Jeff Garlin movie with Sarah Silverman and 10,000 Chicago actors, came out. By "came out" I mean it was released in theaters in New York and elsewhere via Comcast on Demand. I appear for under three seconds in the last 15 minutes of the movie. Here is a bad camera phone pic of the TV screen, showing me, Dave Pasquesi and Jeff Garlin.

We shot this at least two years ago. Maybe three? A long time ago. Given all the delays, I wasn't expecting much, but was very pleasantly surprised. It's a pretty nice movie. Especially if you're a Chicagoan, but even if not. And Sarah Silverman was amazingly awesome as always.

Too funny. I found an old writeup of the evening on my website. It was three years ago. Wow, was I dumb, wide-eyed and naive.

No comments: