Thursday, July 19, 2007

Night at the Museum

Just got back from a night at the Field Museum, where I was an extra in a commercial. I was really regretting agreeing to do this when I found out we might be shooting 'til 3:30 in the morning, and was totally crabby about it for the past 24 hours. Then I thought, hey, you're in this cool museum full of dinosaur bones and australeopithicus skulls and mummies in the middle of the night, you'll probably meet some fun people -- what the hell.

And it was kind of fun. And we wrapped at 12:30, which seemed a completely reasonable time relative to what I was prepared for. The shame of it was, our call time was 7:30 and we didn't go up to do our scene until four hours later. But I worked some lines and did some puzzles and talked with some people, including this guy I've seen on a bunch of auditions lately. And ate some double-chocolate cake or something.

The best part was the light show from the huge-ass thunderstorm going on outside. These pictures suck, as do all my camera phone pictures, but what the hell ...


No comments: