Monday, July 02, 2007

Easy come, easy go

I was on hold for this commercial in mid-July and just got released, which is weird. They said I was their first choice. So who knows what happened there. But it wasn't great money, and it would have involved travel to St. Louis.

I think I'm okay with this hiatus as long as I can keep a toe in the water here and there -- like with the reading last week, season auditions, writing and such. Plus I have a two-day industrial shoot coming up in July.

Even though it's pretty inconvenient for work, which continues unrelenting, not having a computer is kind of a good thing. I spend WAY too much time online. I visit message boards where I don't post and read blogs of people I don't know. I'm guessing my firefox bookmarks are toast along with the hard drive, so maybe I won't even be able to find half these places when I'm back online.

The bike has been amazing. I took my longest ride yet this weekend -- 23 miles. Made it down to Promenatory Point, down on the South Side, which I'd been wanting to see. It's different down there. Same lake, same skyline, but still slightly foreign.

I've also wanted to see these for the longest time:

The outdoor art in Chicago is awesome.

And, of course, it wouldn't be summer without some of these:

Up close and personal, so you can feel it in your sternum.

No comments: