Friday, June 15, 2007

Sweet ride


All the pieces are all falling into place. Today
I bought my new bike.

It's been years since I've had one. When I was a kid, we rode everywhere. It was the suburbs. Then when I got my driver's license, the bike got less use. A couple of thefts later, I pretty much gave up on them.

But after college I got a new Schwinn
10-speed for my birthday, and I totally got back into it, riding up and down the Potomac River, out to Mt. Vernon, up through Rock Creek Park. I loved that thing.

Then I started rollerblading and never really biked again.

Now I'm back in the saddle, and more excited than I've been in a long time about almost anything. I did lots of research and shopped around and talked to people, like my spin instructor and triathletes I know, and settled on this sweet thang.

Specialized Sirrus hybrid, with thin littl
e tires that really move. And a grooved seat to reduce impotence problems!

We're going to go everywhere. Wednesday night fireworks. The beach. North Shore. South Side. Unexplored neighborhoods. Rehearsals. Errands. I've got mobility!

Let the Summer of Rob commence.

No comments: